TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel - Volume 2

View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #647
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianer Slobo View Post
I Have to agree with you. I hope she doesn't close doors she can't open anymore later. On the other hand I can also understand, that she does want to fully focus on the tour and to work on her career on the tour. Don't know if she rationally picked to leave Fed Cup aside for now or if its some kind of revenge for the lack of support she received by the DTB. I sometimes get the feeling she's on some kind of lonely wulf road(maybe she wants it that way?). Same with her still not having a professional full time coach. Hope she doesn't realize she is wrong when the train has already left the station.(with this I don't want to judge if her decision is wrong or right)
I dont think that Mona is by any means resentful and so she just made a rational decision concerning the fedcup. Given her declining form during the second half of last season she might have thought that it would be better to focus on the WTA-Tour. If she comes up with good results this year she might be a contender for a place in the fedcup team next year, in case Barbara Rittner is not resentful herself.

We will see. I believe her decision is right at this stage of her career and i am not sure if she would be ready to play a decisive singles match in case Julia or Angie got injured at that weekend.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote