TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #384
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra shot down by Laura in Melbourne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
In my opinion, Petra's beyond a sports psychologist (especially a non world class one). They can only do so much, and can't really relate to Petra's pressure.

Petra needs, someone more like a Navratilova, Lendl or Pavel Slozil type, that can reset her priorities, and teach her how to deal with the pressure, and embrace it, and not look at it as a negative. They can ease the fear and the challenges for her.
Psychology is sort of a QUASI-science,like evolution,and not a fully legit one.It's only a pinch of fact that's mixed with loads of wild speculation and unfounded theory....Behavioral psychology is the only respectable branch b/c it largely uses empirical data and observation as its basis.

Having said that,I/we know that Petra needs some assistance with her mental game....Whether it's from a sports counsellor with a psychology degree or a former player who learned to cope with stress,I really don't care which...as long as the Cermosek Clown College('CCC',hereafter)gets someone to come there

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS

Last edited by bruce goose : Jan 18th, 2013 at 07:01 PM.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote