TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Ana Konjuh

Thread: Ana Konjuh
View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #1113
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
Juniors play on court No.8 which is covered by cameras.5 matches.I understadnd why they put Laslo Djere (Orange Bowl), Sara Tomic(young Australian), Nikola Milojevic (No.1 junior), but for last two matches I don't see why they deserve to be on TV !? There are much more atractive young players to watch !
I hope that they will continue with that and that we will have an oportunity to see Ana also.
Interesting to see matches of juniors on a tv court, that's not something we see often, even on slams. I'd say part of the reason behind tomorrow's scheduling is that in the last two matches there are Italians vs Americans; both large nations (lots of potential viewers) and both countries in which tennis is VERY popular. Of course, it would be great to be able to follow Ana's Melbourne journey via live streaming. I wonder how she'll handle the pressure this time around, cause she is for the first time ever in a situation that a great result is not only expected of her, but also that she has very little credit in the public for not doing so. At EH she was a seed, but no one in the general public really expected she'll be the one lifting the title, so there was no major pressure, and at OB she was in a situation where she entered the tournament after another one won just last week, so if she would've went out early most people would just say it was expected because she was tired. However, this time she is playing her first event of the year and is seeded #2, so expectations will be like never before. Hope she handles it well.
ma re is offline View My Blog!