TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AEGON Junior International Teen Tennis Bolton, TE14 (winner C. C. Bellis)

View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #27
country flag jj74

jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute jj74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AEGON Junior International Teen Tennis Bolton, TE14

Quote:
Originally Posted by juki View Post
CiCi

Probably the clear favorite for Tarbes, but Rosca, Levashova, Zhuk, and Vondrouskova should provide tougher competition.
I think she is the favourite, and i add Ibbou to the group of favourites too, but i can see a really sure shot player, like they were De Vroome, Putintseva or Khromacheva in their years.
If last year had a very open field that led incredibly tough matches in the first rounds (Frenkel-Payola in second round being both players unseeded), this year it's even more open in my opinion, and it will be very tough matches in the first rounds because some players like Wargnier or Vondrousova have a low ranking.
On the other hand there's a big group of russians with high ranking, but some of them doesn't have such good results, some of them are in the same possition than Sarkisova last year, very good ranking, good level but not to be a contender.
The last two years had a surprise winner. I know Ostapenko was one of the favourites, but most people were expecting an Abanda-Bencic final. And last year Tornado was the main contender and it was surprised (well, she doesn't seem to be very good at finals) by Christian, who was one of the favourites but that was a very big group, and she did a great tournament only dropping a set.

I will be a very interesting tournament (like always is), and i hope spanish girls do a good job, because Payola last year break a lot of first round loses streak for a good bunch of years. At least Eva seems to be in good form
jj74 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote