TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #1401
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

I don't think the reaction was over the top at all. She didn't react like that after the first set, because she knew it wasn't remotely competitive, but for the second half of the second set, Venus broke her serve, and was putting a lot of presure on her. It wasn't an easy service game at the end, and if Venus had broken there she would have been back on serve.

Also, what Maria said in her on-court interview was really respectful and nice about Venus. I think she said something like she's a great champion, and no matter where she's seeded or ranked it's going to be a tough match. It's just a shame that certain posters can't see past their rabid hatred.