TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Fed Cup 2013

Thread: Fed Cup 2013
View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #23
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup 2013

I think Alicia at least deserves the benefit of the doubt on this. As TS said, her laid-back personality may make for a more relaxed team atmosphere than the more chaotic style of Stubbsy would. And in Nicole she's got a very experienced coach to support her and help her find her feet.

Tough job to get the Czechs first up though. But I suppose the nothing-to-lose nature of the tie could actually be a blessing, imagine blowing a near sure win in her first outing as captain.

And who knows, they may even pull off the miracle. I think Sam will be mightily relieved just to be out of Australia by then, and she actually showed some good form in those bits of her match against Zheng when she wasn't choking. Ash and Casey just pulled off a great win in doubles, so that might be an option to release Sam from the pressure of having to play both singles and doubles. Even Jarka is showing some signs that she might have turned a corner, and she usually thrives in the FC atmosphere. And maybe best of all, Petra and Lucie are both struggling for form atm. I know it's a long shot but stranger things have happened.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote