TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #3292
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Donna's whoring in the house tonight

And how would you call the fact that Wozniacki will be competing in the same tournament?

Why didn't she play 75K Eilat???
She has Fed Cup the next week
It was probably too strong
Yeah, a 75k with #220 as the last direct entry is too strong and a WTA with the same at 149 and Wozniacki in the draw is not - give me a break. The highest ranked player in the Eliat list currently is around #120, which would make Donna the top seed. Instead, she's chosen a tournament in which she might not even get seeded and therefore risks losing in the first or second round (1 or 30 pts), compared to what a decent and quite achievable result like a semi on a 75k would do for her (70 pts). I'm actually thrilled to see her playing two non-challenger tournaments back to back for only the third time in her life (after Moscow-Kuala Lumpur and US Open-Tashkent).

Anyway, yesterday there was an interview with Woz on Eurosport and she basically said that she knew she can expect Donna to crack under the pressure so she just tried to keep the ball in play like anyone in her place would against someone so young. Of course she also said that Donna is a good player and all that.

But I also remembered how in "Game, set and Mats" they talked about the courts, which is something that was definately the factor in Donna's match yesterday. Turns out that, due to not being resurfaced, the outer courts play much faster than the main courts (according to Wilander), and we all know that considerably slower courts is not something that favors Donna as opposed to Wozniacki. Of course, that's not why Donna lost, and I'm not saying that she would've won were the match scheduled for court 20, but maybe the result wouldn't have included a breadstick.
ma re is online now View My Blog!