TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AUS TV - 2011 Coverage

View Single Post

Old Jan 18th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #1217
country flag Sam21

Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all Sam21 is a name known to all
Re: AUS TV - 2011 Coverage

thankfully i was at the open for the first four days so i haven't had to put up with channel 7... yet but i've read through the thread and agree with what a lot of you are saying, obviously 7 has exclusive rights to show matches on Rod Laver, so they should stick to showing them. if casual fans (aka. the people who think tennis is only played in January) are that keen to see "crowd favourites" (aka. any player who has made a random run to the open final) they can switch onto foxtel and watch. i watched Mitchell and Duckworth for the whole match because i had an interest in that match, but if i wanted to watch it at home i would've been happy to watch it on foxtel or even a stream, it shouldn't have been on 7 for it's entirety when there was Williams, Azarenka or whoever playing... it was a challenger level match anyway...

also agree with the comments on the aussie flags on the scoreboard... it seems a bit weird to me. we can tell by the way the commentators talk up the players like they will all be world number one and win career grand slams that they are australian, we don't really need the flag too!

i've hardly watched any of 7's coverage and it's already pissing me off!!
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote