TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #3282
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
What to say about this match...? It was clear that Donna was terrified in the first set. I mean she was pale in her face and had face expression like she is going on the electric chair.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, although at times I wasn't sure if she is paralyzed by fear or lost interest in the match...it was hard to tell (poor thing)

If we could pull out some good things from this match and I think we could is that if only a half of the balls that Donna pushed to hard in big out or in the net were in the court result would be completely different.

Different yes, but different enough for a win? I'd answer that one with a NO.

Wozniacki didn't do much in this match. She had only 6 winners in whole match.

Well, that's her style - to get the ball back over and over and over and over and over again into eternity or until the opponent commits suicide. She probably didn't mean to make those 6 winners either

I think that Donna is not far away to actually won the match against Wozniacki but she has to do 2 things: she has to be relaxed and she has to do less unforced errors.

I agree, but doing these two things is about the hardest thing any player has to get through during his/her development. Particularly the later.

And now heads up fellow Croatians, it's time for Ana Konjuh
I know, I can't wait! By the way, several times we heard it that Ana warmed up Donna for her matches...I wonder if Donna will now return the favor
ma re is offline View My Blog!