TennisForum.com - View Single Post - What do you say at the net after an easy win?

View Single Post

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #16
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you say at the net after an easy win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSlam View Post
Depends. I try and hi-5 people when they look really upset so they know I'm more talented and a cooler/better person than them too

I'm kidding but I do prefer hi-5s instead of handshakes, aint nobody want other peoples sweaty hands all over you. Normally I'll accompany it with a good game.

Once I played someone who always beat me in a club competition, and after winning a close match where he was shouting COME ON and stuff I was about to shake his hand and just shouted COME ON and turned around and walked off People watching laughed too.

EDIT: I should tell you the scorelines with this guy. I'd lost 6-1 6-1, 6-0 6-3, 7-6(3) 7-5 (he was injured and could barely run) and 6-2 6-0. I beat him 5-7 6-2 6-4 (it was 4-4 in the final set too).
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedRic View Post
Fist bump if it's a dude.
Hi-5 if it's a lady.

...I usually say nice match, or great game. Mostly 'cus even when I have a solid or comfortable win there were enough competitive points that it doesn't sound like I'm being an ass. On the flip side, even on my worst losses (0's and 1's) I've always fought till the end so saying nice match is still applicable.
I don't really get the hi-5 thing with the opponent after a match, never seen a player do that

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote