TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel - Volume 2

View Single Post

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #634
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy division View Post
Out in doubles in the first round, too, in a close three setter.
Mona`s trip to Australia started pretty nicely and ended sobering.
A final and a semi-final is not bad at all, but she herself surely expected some more at Melbourne.
The tears after the match against Pervak tell a lot.
At least some more time for her to go home, work on and think about.
Honestly, if you re-evaluate her form in Australia after the Australian Open, there is not much left. Min didn´t play. Barty (after winning the first), Pironkova, Scheepers, Larsson, Daniilidou all lost badly at the Australian Open. She lost to the only in-form players she met in Vesnina, Wickmayer and Pervak. The one bright spot and quality win was against Flipkens. So yes the bare points were good, but the form is unfortunately very suspect. It was better in 2012, when she won roughly the same amount of points down under.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote