TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alize season 2013

View Single Post

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #41
country flag jiffster

jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all jiffster is a name known to all
Re: Alize season 2013

Alize lost a close doubles match and is out of the AO, 7-6, 4-6, 7-5. She started working to improve her serve last year, and I hope that trend continues. Happy to see she is also focused on improving her forehand, I think the past few years she has hit her forehand off the back foot way too much. It may work on clay against mid level opponents, but she's not going to beat any top players on any surface unless she can add a strong flat forehand. When she is playing with confidence, that shot can be a weapon and she does not have too many of those. If she can continue to improve her serve, I would like to see her come to the net a bit more and not always be glued to the baseline. Not many points to defend until March, so getting back to top 30 is possible with a strong run in a few tourneys.
jiffster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote