TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Australian Open Draws and Results [2013]

View Single Post

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #65
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Australian Open Draws and Results [2013]

Family Ties For Puerto Rico
Melbourne - Natalia Torres is hoping to continue her recent successes at Hobart and Auckland. The 2013 edition of the FWTT Australian Open promises to draw bigger crowds than ever with this year's highly competitive field. The addition of the Mixed doubles draw brought additional implications to the younger player when her older brother entered the draw. "I had a feeling him and Vittoria were an item for a while," laughed Natalia in the post-draw ceremony press conference, "when I first heard their pairing during the ceremony I had this perplexed surprise look and once they announced we were in different halves of the draw it was just a big relief."

Little is known about Natalia and Izabela's brother, sources indicate that him and Vittoria met last year during a practice session in which he was invited to hit with the players as a hitting partner. Neither Torres nor Perez were present at the drawing ceremony, it is believed he was en route to the Melbourne site from the Traralgon G1 tournament. At Traralgon the youngest of the Torres sibbling, Izabela, lost a tight Quarterfinal match but made the doubles final with star Miranda Frost.

"He's a solid player for sure," said Natalia when asked about her brother's skills, "he got injured in college so the pro's were never an option. I think he also thinks its his job to look out after my sister and I so he did the College thing and got a pretty decent job." Regardless of the nature of the tight-knit sibling connection, Natalia expects a very tough match in the event both her team and his reach the final.

Up first for Natalia, Mihaela Dragan and then a match against the 13th seed Samantha Soren in she moves forward. In the doubles draw she's partnered with Miss Nemayeva and will face the duo of Keddison and Kenndal in the first round. And lastly, partnering with fellow Puerto Rican Alex Llompart they'll be facing the duette of Felivitch and Whitlock.