TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Womens Tennis in General

View Single Post

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #4963
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Robson breaks, 10-9.
Robson wins 2-6, 6-3, 11-9! Her third big GS scalp.
Neither of them played very well. But this was nevertheless important for Laura. Everyone can win when the're playing wel, but here Laura has shown to herself that even when she's well below her best she can hang tough with one of the big names in the game. Even though at this point Kvitova is really nothing more than a name with a game that has totally deteriorated, it's usually the name and not the tennis that 'lesser' players end up losing against. So, in a way Laura has taken another important step. As for Petra, I'm feeling kinda sorry for her. I've never been much of a fan, but she seems like a sweet girl to me and I hope that she'll find herself again to a degree that allows her to compete at a level in line with her undoubted talent. I think she's in even deeper trouble than Caroline at the moment.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote