TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Jan 17th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #3281
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold
Re: Donna Vekic

First of all I would like to thanks to Eurosport for bringing as this match and one big fuck off to HRT (Croatian Television) for not. In this situations I ask myself why I am paying to them every month for nothing...

What to say about this match...? It was clear that Donna was terrified in the first set. I mean she was pale in her face and had face expression like she is going on the electric chair. To many errors, every second ball was either in the net or half of meter in out. She was missing something that I wouldn't and I played tennis maybe 10 times in my life. 17-4 in unforced errors in first set and that is all what is there to say about first set.

In the second set she played much better and a few times i saw a little smile on her face like she was starting to understand that she has nothing to lose here. A couple of returns on Wozniacki serve where she could do nothing else but watch how Donna is making a winner shot were great.

If we could pull out some good things from this match and I think we could is that if only a half of the balls that Donna pushed to hard in big out or in the net were in the court result would be completely different. Wozniacki didn't do much in this match. She had only 6 winners in whole match. I think that Donna is not far away to actually won the match against Wozniacki but she has to do 2 things: she has to be relaxed and she has to do less unforced errors. First thing will come with experience and second will come as a result of the first one.

It is a good thing that she secured top 100, that will give her main draw in Roland Garros and Wimbledon and we have nothing to worry about. When she play a couple of matches like this one, things will go to their place. She just needs a good draw like this one in Australia.

And now heads up fellow Croatians, it's time for Ana Konjuh
okramb is offline View My Blog!