TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #314
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I agree that Piotr and Caro are not silly to worry about what journalists have to say. I think that when they decided to try something new in 2012 they did consider some of the ideas that were repeatedly mentioned by the likes of Hingis, Navra etc. It's not a sign of weakness when you consider an opinion of someone who excelled in your field,IMO. However, as those experts were always biased against Caro's game and did not give much effort to even analyse her defensive style it was obvious that their ideas probably wouldn't work.
I think that over this season they'll need to work out what is a right balance bwt defense and offense which can help her win. Right now it's more about her heart and fighting spirit. She does not outplay her opponents but 'outwills' them. But that won't work all the time.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!