TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #313
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Let me clarify one component of the post above: My thinking is that Piotr and Caro made the changes ON THEIR OWN,NOT because they were capitulating to someone else's desires.To offer a simple analogy,let's imagine that I had a psychedically-colored hippie van that my neighbors hated...and they would periodically badmouth the van and express their wish that I replaced it......Then,at some point,the van has major engine problems and it's no longer cost-effective to repair,so I get a new vehicle which happens to be rather normal compared to the hippie van.The neighbors might THINK that I did it for them,yet their previous comments had no bearing on my final decision.

Likewise,I'd call Piotr and Caro two strong people who tend to stand by their principles.They wouldn't go against what they believed just to placate some media asswipes.Heck,Ana is EXTREMELY weak,and yet she has never relented to media advice that she should get a mental coach even though the entire world,including herself,can see that she desperately needs it.Piotr and Caro are almost immeasurably stronger than the Serb weakling.

They simply came to the conclusion,grudgingly,that Caro could never win a late-round Slam match by waiting for a Serena,Clijsters,Henin,etc. to make UEs on key GPs or MPs---and improving the serve was inarguably necessary.As for whether or not Caro should've tweaked her defensive style,that's debatable...but the case for doing so goes far deeper than pacifying critics who,fundamentally,have no desire to help her at all and are merely blabbing their preferences on style of play.It's hard to even fathom that Piotr and Caro would allow popularity with critics to dictate how Caro proceeded with her career.....I just wish that they'd given more thought to how they implemented the changes...such as bringing in a respected coach who had overseen similar changes.He/she would've done so more gradually and effectively,I suspect

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!