TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #308
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I think that the loss against Na Li was where things started to change. True, she had a phenomenal run immediately afterwards, roughly from February-April, but she wasn't under the same kind of pressure that she was at the slams. I'm just speculating but I believe that after the loss to Na Li she realised that she had a great game but probably not a great enough game to win a slam. The losses at Roland Garros and Wimbledon obviously didn't help and that may have just made her even more confused about the state of her game. Once she started losing to Roberta Vinci and Christina McHale on hardcourts it was obvious that there were big problems with her game/confidence and despite her win in New Haven and run to the semis at the U.S. Open she has yet to recover.

It really is puzzling how she could once be so dominant against players outside the top twenty/top thirty and now be vulnerable to just about anyone. She may never have been a player that completely dominated, particularly against top ten players, but she was a player that very rarely lost to players outside of the top thirty. She was extremely consistent but that consistency has completely disappeared.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!