TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #305
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Tanking is not the right word. She couldnt deal with the pressure of being #1.
Thats probably closer to what happened.
This is a better situation for her. Where she is not expected to win big tournamnets. She can lose early and its no big deal.

This sport is mental, and its tough to stray at the top. Its very similar to Jankovic, and its much easier for them to not be considered a contender at majors, or have to read they are weak #1's.

The important question going forward is: is this what she wants for her whole career, or maybe she cant recapture who she was even if she wanted to.

Thats what we are watching. I think its unfortunate that a player who was #1 by 3000 points and holding 9 titles in July 2011 would be holding no titles in August 2012 while playing a full schedule.
But the pressure of being near the top is tough. Its not easy to be where Vika is now. Or Serena or Maria. The expectations are huge

I dont believe it was experimenting, because then you dont play so recklessly at key moments. Another match would be good if you are experimenting. And it was over a year where she wasnt winning anything. If thats an experiment, it was like putting wings on and jumping off a cliff. Not a good experiment.
I still think this 'experiment' is career threatening. We still havent seen the match after match mental toughness she used to have.
We're going to find out this year and next.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!