TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Jarmila Gajdosova Cheering Thread!

View Single Post

Old Jan 16th, 2013, 05:01 AM   #1337
country flag Baseliner35

Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough Baseliner35 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jarmila Gajdosova Cheering Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reephoria. View Post
Jarka too nervous tonight, shame she couldn't capitalise in her chances in the second.
I only caught the last set, but from where I was sitting, you could see the terrified look in her eyes when it all started going pear shaped towards the end of the set. I don't think it was nerves. It was just a lack of any self-belief. When pressured, she constantly looked towards her support crew.

I agree she is showing better signs this year, and good wins against Vinci, and in Hobart are promising. However, the set I did watch against Wickmayer still produced an amazing amount of UE, poor shot choice, and almost a deconstruction or a point, rather than construction. You could tell the commentators on Channel 7 were frustrated.

Still I feel sorry for the poor girl. 8 attempts and not one victory. I don't know whether putting her on centre stage at night would have done much for her confidence either.
Baseliner35 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote