TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #3233
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Well in some articles (http://www.24sata.hr/tenis/donna-vek...svijetu-215186), she said that she admires the game of Wozniacki, which is pretty close. Although in other interviews Donna said that she actually has no idol, so this is as close as you can get in her book

But that's really not the most relevant thing today, right? What do you guys expect from R2? Do you have expectations at all? I'd be happy with a set, honestly, even if in a slump Woz is still top 10 and a set off a top 10 player would be huge for someone like Donna. Not to mention that I'm REALLY looking forward to some tv coverage finally - assuming someone in Melbourne doesn't go bonkers and comes up with a nasty scheduling surprise.
In the idol/no idol there's probably some bad phrasing/translation issues which could explain the different answers. And to be honest, Wozniaki isn't a bad person for Donna to model her game off. Due to the fact that she is 16 and doesn't really have the power to be hitting a lot of winners. At least, not at this stage of her development. She should probably adapt her game as she develops though. Relying on poor play from your opponent to win points isn't that viable at the higher levels of play that Donna will be up against if she doesn't burn out/fall down the rankings.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!