TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Paszek 2013!

Thread: Paszek 2013!
View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #28
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paszek 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
you are still alive ? You never post here. But apparently read the Thread. And now you complain ?

I will be nice and translate. I said Tamira is in very bad form. Vögele is on her way up again, she only lost to Bartoli in Shenzhen. Tamira has a catastrophic AO record: 5 times lost in R1, 1 time in R2. I also said Keys is in amazing form, will be much much tougher than Vögele for Tamira. Keys is a huge talent, tall and hitting the ball very hard. Many experts say she will be Top 10 or maybe even #1. Keys just showed this talent by reaching QF of Premier Sydney. She killed Safarova 6-2 6-1 and Zheng 6-0 6-4 , only lost to Li in QF in a very close match. For Tamira to beat Keys in AO R2 Keys would have to decrease a lot and Tamira would have to improve a lot. IMO this won`t happen.
Are we talking about the same Madison Keys?

I know she won her 1st round match here, but let's be real, the hype train on these teens is going overboard.

She's a kid, she's very inconsistent, and there's nothing in her history or her tennis DNA to indicate that she can string together more than a couple of wins before the reality of being a talented-but-wild, error machine sets in. The depth of Tamira's ball on a hardcourt will be a problem for Keys, I think. Mentally, Tamira is a superior player, and that will give her a huge edge in a match like this.

In time, Keys may mature into something good (but #1?! I'd take that bet) but she's not there yet.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote