TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rape and how societies react

View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #301
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape outrage... what happens now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
Uh, I personally remember the reports of both of these assassinations, and of the Golden Temple massacre preceding Indira being shot to death by Sikh bodyguards, reportedly in revenge (1984). I only dug up a Google linked story because most here are too young to remember.

Why the female suicide bomber killed her son and successor Rajiv in 1991, IIRC the killer was a Tamil (and it happened in Tamil Nadu). Whether it was related to the long Tamil rebellion in Sri Lanka, I don't know. Meanwhile:

Woman gangraped in her home in Uttar Pradesh

Jan 15, 2013

Hathras (UP): A woman was allegedly gang-raped by eight persons after holding her husband hostage in Sikandarau area here in the district, police said today.

No arrests have been made in the case so far. The miscreants barged into the house of Bharat Singh, held him hostage and gang-raped his wife last night, they said.

The victim was later rushed to a hospital where her condition was stated to be stable. Further probes are on, they added.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/woman...sh-589246.html
WTF is going on with these thugs and rape, sounds like a damn epidemic. This is some sick shit and I don't care whose feelings I've hurt for saying it.

My friend from India moved to the west coast but I've got to call her and talk to her to try and understand this shit. I don't believe in the death penalty but these dudes need to get some serious time in the worse conditions and how the victims are treated need to be changed in this society. My Gawd, who can make excuses for this any longer. I am so shocked and this is breaking my heart. Thank goodness the people are bringing this to the forefront and is not letting it die.