TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Donna Vekic

Thread: Donna Vekic
View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #3229
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

I know...

But I'm writing that off to her youth

And...another article - http://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/don...ko/657232.aspx

Donna's coach: Konjuh & Vekic are pushing eachother and can go far

With just 16 years of age Croatian tennis player Donna Vekic is the youngest in the 2nd round of Australian Open.

"Win against Hlavackova is big, but how Vekic played out in the first appearance on a Grand Slam is unbelievable", said Donna's coach D. Felgate for TheTennisSpace.

"She had 6:1 and 2:0, but she didn't sign-in the win in advance like in the last quali round of US Open, but instead she played patiently until the end. Her capabilities are big, very big. She loves to work, learn, listen and improve. We are doing good", he said and revealed what could Donna improve on in her game.

"She moves great for a player of her height, but she could do it better. I think this is still her biggest weakness. I like that she is not afraid to come to the net and she has a nice volley game."

In the stands there was also Iva Majoli, Croatian Fed Cup captain.

"It's a big thing. Majoli was helping Donna last year as well. Croatia is not a big country in a tennis sense, but behind Donna comes another big hope - Ana Konjuh, Orange Bowl champion. Vekic and Konjuh will be pushing eachother forward and be a great combination for Fed Cup, as are Watson and Robson in the British tennis", thinks the former coach of Tim Henman.

Last edited by ma re : Jan 15th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!