TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Cheering Thread: Clay season!

View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #3242
country flag Burbi

Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light Burbi is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Cheering Thread: Australian Swing

Yes, and she seems to me very realistic (I don't know if it's the right word)about her last season, she had no illusions, the great results of 2012 didn't make her big-headed:

"A match that you think I can easily win, instead the opponent is strong and the ranking doesn't matter..
I should have been more consistent on the important points, but to be so consistent I need to find again the condition.
I think I am in a difficult situation, I'm #7 in world after a crazy year and now everybody has expectations but I'm not an amazing player: I know how to fight, I know how to stay in the match. Maybe last year I won matches I should have lost thanks to my will of doing well. And now there's a bit more pressure..
I try to give the best of me, try to fight but obviously there's the opponent: and the underdogs now play more relaxed against me. That's ok anyway, I have to manage this situation. That's not easy, last year is unrepeatable.. I'm not the person who says: I wanna win a Slam; I only want to find again the good condition and to continue being myself.
I don't hit lots of winners, I only fight.. and in the fight you can win o lose".

Sorry fot the weak translation.
Burbi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote