TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! -- Lucie at the 2013 Australian Open

View Single Post

Old Jan 15th, 2013, 08:02 AM   #35
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute Davodus has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi! -- Lucie at the 2013 Australian Open

So let me start by saying Lucic played the best she can play these days...winner after winner, extremely deep flat shots non stop and really contained her errors. Lucie did a fantastic job at maintaining that, she was absorbing pace and constructing the points behind her serve really well. She also didn't return that badly, Lucic was just playing too well on her service games. In the 2nd set she got broken and that was mostly due to her having a bit of a mental lapse, but that was the only one all match. At 0-30 at 4-5 she served great, and hit winners and was really mentally clutch in that moment. Her BH was solid too, hardly made mistakes off it and hit some nice winners, and Lucic was really attacking to the BH. Lucie also was trying to get her FH spinning up to Lucic's BH but her BH was working really well, so Lucie changed and started going for her FH down the line more, and made some nice shots.

It was overall a high quality match, and at 2-4 in the 2nd Lucie started taking control with her FH and really dominate play. Also she won with a return winner Her serve can be worked on, i would say her 2nd serve was too pushy a lot of the time but she didn't do many DFs. It was a tough match and she figured out how to win which was why I liked it. Hopefully she can put in the same tough performance against Jovanovski. Not even looking to R3 yet.

Pics uploading now and I'll go to the doubles tomorrow. Oh btw she looked great in her new outfit

Oh btw forgot to add...Lucie stepped it up in the TB. She crushed 2 returns to get the 2 mini breaks and really went after her own serves. Lucic did 2 good serves at 1-6, then hit a big winner at 3-6 and screamed come on..and Lucie seemed a little annoyed, then bombed an unreturnable down the middle Biljana was being very positive and they both were really happy at the end

https://picasaweb.google.com/114131139157506432297 Brisbane International photos, Sydney International and Australian Open photos

Last edited by Davodus : Jan 15th, 2013 at 08:21 AM.
Davodus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote