TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #1951
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by netphobia View Post
Yeah, but Petra played it, too, and she's played a grand total of three matches (two of which she's lost). I didn't really care when she lost to Pavs because Nastia was in good form, reached the final, and at least lost to everyone's Player of the Moment. But then she lost to Domi. Who got to the final and lost...0 and 0.

I don't think you could pin all the blame for that debacle on one or two extra tournaments/exos/team & group things that Petra did over the offseason – but I can't help but think that better scheduling (forgoing either the exhibition, Fed Cup or the extraliga) and more time to establish and get used to a training schedule could've prevented Petra having to get used to playing tennis again while the other two girls you mentioned seem to be doing quite well.

Just my opinion, of course.
I think we are overanalyzing a bit. That Sharpie exho had been scheduled looooong in advance and she didn't want to disappoint those 10,000 paying compatriots. It's possible that Maria will never come to Prague again. It would have been sad to miss this event and the chance to kiss a famous icehockey player.
Same for FedCup. She'd been looking forward to the final since April and her large family had bought 100+ tickets, expecting her to be the main star of the event. Unmissable!
Petronius is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote