TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #1948
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Extraliga is not an issue IMO. Radwanska played it for the very first time in December 2012 (four matches) and lo and behold - she has just bagged Auckland and Sydney titles in a row. Kookie Zakopalova played it too and reached the Shenzen final where she almost beat Li Na. She also just demolished Scheepers in R1.

Yes, in the ideal, 'grandslam-only' world Petra would end her season right after YEC, take a long holiday and start preparing for the Aussie swing, while turning her back on the national team just like Djokovic or Federer did. But this hasn't happened yet. Fed Cup is still very important for her.
Sorry Petronius.

You had to read what we said.

Petra was sick (and needed a full recovery). Aga wasn't/didn't.

Plus, Petra played an Exo and Fed Cup. Aga didn't.

Plus, Petra had a new fitness guy. Aga didn't. Petra needed that added time to acclimate herself to that/him.

Etc., etc., etc. You get the picture. It's not the same.

I appreciate your loyalty and Patriotism (mind you I've defended Petra today several times as well). But Petra and her team really appear to have their Top individual Tennis players goals for her, all screwed up.

Sorry.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote