TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Margaret Court Picture Thread

View Single Post

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #30
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Margaret Court Picture Thread

Quote:
I think her 3 wins over Evert that season were all amazingly gutsy wins - all 3 setters (FO, USO, WITC) and her loss at WImbledon to Evert was also a 3 setter
You can correct me if I'm wrong TV, but I'm pretty sure the 1973 WITC match was actually played in the fall of 1972. As a made for TV "classic" it was put a year ahead of when it was played so they could package it for TV.

None of that changes how good the matches were. For me the WITC match have some of Chrissie's best lobs ever-and of course Mags runs them down after they go over her head and she gets them back-only to have Evert drop shot her-LOL.

Court's win here is a trestament to her ability on the baseline. Funny how Court could win on slow surfaces vs Chris while Chris could beat her on grass.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote