TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mona Barthel - Volume 2

View Single Post

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #602
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

Saw the last two sets. Judy Murray was sitting in the corner trying not to be seen. My general impression is that she didnt play anywhere near her best, dont know what was the reason, but she didnt seem to be hitting with as much power and as aggressively as I saw her against Wickmayer. She seemed to be keeping the ball in play without going for the winners like Im used to seeing her do. Also noticed her serve wasnt that big, Ksenia was not having a lot of trouble returning it. Ksenia played really well, retrieving everything and sometimes attacking. She seems to be sick, she took some pills after the first set and she had really long breaks and left the court after each set, but seemed to be playing fine and ended up winning. Really surprised Mona lost, I was totally expecting her to edge it in the third. I yelled "Come on Mona!" when it was 3-4 in the third and she got the break After that, she managed to lose serve again.