TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #255
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I think that had she not experimented with her style she could have won a slam at this point. She lost in the past but she did also score some great victories so it seemed to me she was on a right path to get there. In 2012 she took a step back so now she needs to find her game again and string enough wins together to feel confident again.
We'll never know cuz it's a subjective argument;I think that she could've gotten relatively close but wouldn't have gone all the way unless she drew a near-ideal combo like Stosur in the semis and Errani in the final.For fans of those players,I'm not trying to put them down;however,you can't deny that those two would be far more likely to implode in a big-pressure match than one of the more established elite players would.If someone like Henin,Serena or Davenport made a Slam semi,you'd pretty much have to be in top-notch Kick Ass Mode to knock them out.You couldn't strategize to win by hoping that they'd make lots of UEs.

Even if Caroline goes back and succeeds with her old defensive style,she'll still need a respectable serve to keep opponents honest...and she'll also have to figure out how to attack on key points once in a while,when necessary.Waiting for an UE on MP--when you're looking to close someone out--isn't exactly the best way to approach,IMO...even for Caroline

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!