TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #254
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I can't believe you think it's perfectly fine for Caro to go running off to see Rory right after losing in the 1st round of a grand slam for the third time in a row.
I've said all along I dont think she has the burning desire to be a champion now.
I could see that a year ago when she lost #1 at the AO. I thought she would want to get #1 back at Doha & Dubai. Instead she spent the week with Rory then lost her 1st match vs Safarova. Then she had a chance to get revenge vs Goerges and lost that. Then went to where she had won her biggest title the year before, IW, and was blown off the court by Ivanovic.

She doesnt care enough this past year, so let her go have some fun, and maybe eventually she will want to try to get back to the top 3 or 4.
But losing up a set to Pervak is a sign she wasnt ready for this year. Its her career, if she wants to go have fun, there's nothing anyone else can do, but hope she oneday gets the mental determination back to fight for her career.
Now, let her go have fun. She's not a title contender here anyway. Its just a question of what round she loses. Vika, Serena back to back is a tough draw.
I'd like to see her as a contender at the US Open, but she needs the burning desire to fight for every point, which is extremely difficult, and she once was like that. Maybe she will rediscover that fire before its all over.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!