TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Womens Tennis in General

View Single Post

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #4933
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

I watched the Sydney final and really enjoyed watching Aga. She's got off to a flier winning her first two tournaments of the year. Although of course we know that she hasn't had the big 3 in those tournaments.

But the match was really all about the balls always coming back and Aga getting them back well. Just relentless pressure on Domi (who played way better than the scoreline suggests) to play shot after shot after she would have won the point against her earlier opponents. And the mental pressure just built up. The last 2 games of the match - Domi did play really bad and looked bewildered and crushed. Domi had a towel over her head after the match and it looked like she was crying. But she actually had a great tournament.

One thing I'll never get tired of watching is when Aga plays drop shot followed by lob. Not this match - but I love seeing her drop shot, lob, and drop shot again - it's just cruel.

But this match was the sort of match if you see just a few highlights - chances are you you might see a lot of great points that Domi wins. But then it keeps fast forwarding and you see Aga has won the games. And the score just seem totally at odds with the points you see in a few highlights.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote