TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

View Single Post

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #116
country flag mikireturns

mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future mikireturns has a brilliant future
Re: Mirjana's 2013 Down Under swing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/.../practice.html
Also she wasn't practicing in Melbourne Park today, Safarova was.
Hope she's not sick or something.
Yikes. Heaven forbid she's sick. Bad USA weather seemed to confound her travel plans to Shenzhen, costing valuable match-practice. This bad USA 'flu epidemic had better not mess with her!

It's speculative, but Prpic and Mirjana could very well have gone off-site to find a lefty male practice-partner with big topspin.

I would absolutely have to think that Prpic (or whomever) insisted on making some frantic arrangements to find a lefty hitting partner who could approximate Safarova's game.

I mean, they'd be crazy if they didn't. We're talking Miki, here. As slow as she can be to find her rhythm in matches (and in beginning new seasons!) and with only one match under her belt so far, she simply can't afford to step on the court against a Top 20 lefty like Safarova and just "hope" she can work her way into figuring-out the weirdness that comes with suddenly facing a lefthander. Hell no. It'd be a comedy (of errors).

Prpic is the smartest coach she's had in a while ... He will have found her a lefty hitting partner already and will be drilling her hard with ways to attack Lucie on Tuesday.
mikireturns is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote