TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 12th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #242
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I think that something she said in the second video may help to explain the current state of her game. At about 9:20 she was asked what she was working on most during the offseason and she basically said that she was working mostly on her fitness. Specifically she said "in the end of the day everyone knows how to play tennis everyone knows every shot so that's not the biggest key for me." I find that extremely discouraging. Clearly her game has some areas that need to be fixed but it doesn't sound like she spent much time doing that. Of course it is important for her to be fit but shouldn't she also be working on her serve, return, forehand, volleys, drop shots, slices et cetera? After both 2010 and 2011 I was disappointed with the lack of growth and improvement in her game and it looks like this could be more of the same.
Yah, those are pretty dissapointing comments from Caro.

Caro's fitness isn't gonna win her matches against the top 20 on the occasion that she plays them as most of them are in good physical shape.

If everyone knows every shot, then can why can't Caro hit a decent/solid forehand on a regular basis, for example?

Is she really blind or in denial of her technical weaknesses? Surely she's noticed her forehand not working the majority of the time or her serve giving her few free points. I don't understand this reluctance to spend time working on technique. She puts in time on her fitness so it doesn't seem like it's an issue of being unwilling to work hard.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!