TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rape and how societies react

View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #274
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Re: India gang rape outrage... what happens now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
Am I the only person that gets a little uncomfortable when the West makes such a huge news story out of situations like this? Same as the massive news story in the UK made out of some Muslim men in Northern England who were found guilty of 'grooming' some teenage white girls.

Rape, child abuse, ''grooming', is everywhere. And it ihas been going on since time began. Victorian London had child brothels and epidemic levels of syphilis. Most cases of reported rape and child abuse in the UK involve white males.

The point I'm trying to make is that I feel the Western media is hypocritical. It's as if they're saying this case is unique and unique to 'foreign' cultures, and yes, it's awful, but why is it getting the exposure it is? Women are raped everyday in the UK with no reporting in the media. There's just something about this level of exposure I'm concerned about.
that's an understatement bro......i have more respect for 50 cent whores than western media, particularly channels like BBC which take immense pleasure in telecasting semi nude bodies of women(in presence of their husbands) in poverty struck regions in africa, mocking at illiteracy in india, interviewing war affected, helpless muslim women in the middle east and making stories about how they were raped......

rapes in uk and usa have reached a state that it is almost an integral part of their culture now......it's just too funny that they get all high and try to take the center stage when their own situation is beyond repair......

folks who sit and discuss for hours on BBC, CNN about atrocities in the east, i doubt any of their women are safe at home when they are working in the studios......

enlighten yourself...

Last edited by Start da Game : Jan 11th, 2013 at 04:34 PM.
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote