TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #229
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I don't think it's a good thing for Caro to be playing a pretty tough opponent like Lisicki at the very beginning of a tournament. Caro is someone who normally needs a lot of matches to get in good form. So by getting such tough opposition at the start of tournaments, Caro ends up getting a limited amount of match play and thus makes the process of finding good form drag on.

I think the state of Caro's shots is as much of the problem as her mentality. For example, even if Caro still had a good mentality, Vika would be taking of Caro's serve and all the short balls she gives.
Caroline just had 2 very ordinary draws and lost early. So this is something different. After she lost in round 3 to Kanepi, she didnt win a match for 2 months. So getting a soft first 2 rounds didnt help her. Playing someone who is having an awful day, like her one win this year vs URad, just masks the problems that she's having.

She & her dad have to look at every facet of her practice sessions. The goal is not to work hard in practice then underachieve in matches.
Thats been happening for too long now. Might be for the rest of her career if they dont figure out how to make her practices a way to improve her game
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!