TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #204
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra singing Opera in Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Oops
OK,Paul,now there's no excuse for THIS one unless there's some famous theater in Melbourne where they put on classic dramas with a horror theme.It's not to say that Fran isn't a much-better-than-average 1st Round opponent,cuz she certainly is...but we have to keep in mind that our fave is PETRA and not some helpless junior WC in her first MD.Honestly,Fran hasn't gotten in form AT ALL so far this year and,IIRC,she usually takes a while to find her level during the season.In recent years,she has done far better at RG and Wimby--maybe even the USO,too,I just can't recall--than she has at the AO.Quite frankly,she played so poorly in the latter part of last year that I wondered if she was considering retirement.

Of course,you'll cite this post IF,God forbid,Petra lays an egg out there,but let's not forget that Petra has made a SF here and should have the confidence of having beaten this opponent previously...and maybe she'll be motivated to give her favorite mushroom harvester a less-morbid thread title

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote