TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #220
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Its similar to Wimbledon. No reason the winner of this match shouldnt get to Vika.
To me, losing round 3 to Kanepi, or round 1 to Pazsek or Lisicki is the same thing.
You have to beat players like Lisicki, Kanepi, Pazsek to get past the 3rd round anyway.
Its better she plays Sabine in round 1, because she knows she has to be ready and she can enjoy the whole tournament in Abu Dhabi or the whole week in Melbourne.

The much bigger issue is her level of play. Her mental toughness. She wont be any trouble for a player like Vika until she pulls herself together mentally. Its possible she lost the mental edge forever, like Jankovic, Ivanovic.
Thats why she had to be very careful about any technique or style of play changes. It messes with the mental toughness she had, knowing how to win with her old game

But I saw Sharapova change her service motion, then change back, and she won again.
So ultimately, the rest of Caroline's career is a test of her mental toughness, and that determines who is a great player and who isnt
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!