TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #199
country flag netphobia

netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold netphobia is a splendid one to behold
Re: Petra barbecuing in Melbourne Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Have heard it so many times before...that so-and-so,NOT just Petra,supposedly needs some easy wins over low-ranked opponents to get her confidence back and break out of her slump.......but I'm from the old school where you only get REAL confidence after outplaying the rest of the best...So Petra has a challenging draw at a Slam--tough shit!!This is professional sports,not pee-wee league T-ball
I'm putting that on a bumper sticker

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that treat pee-wee T-ball like a professional sport.

I did have that thought earlier, like maybe Petra needs to either snap out of it and start beating people the way she used to, or she needs a bunch of tough losses so that she realizes she should be winning and steps up.

And I say this 100% as a fan: Maria and her friggin' cakewalk draws.
petra
•••••
maria
domi • sveta • sam • katia • lena • alla • petko
netphobia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote