TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Upcomer? Alexandra Kiick cheering thread!

View Single Post

Old Jan 11th, 2013, 04:20 AM   #62
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Upcomer? Alexandra Kiick cheering thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan218 View Post
Ivanovic2008- Thank you so much for starting it! Its so cool to be able to connect with my fans

tie_breaker- yes a lot of people have been wondering about that haha. However, I have not come to a decision as of right now. I am most definitely keeping both options open as I really would like to have a back up in my career. I am constantly seeing many girls who are older and struggling on the pro circuit and I don't want to be in that position. I would really like to have some thing to fall back on if I get injured or If I'm just not good enough. To be honest, my original plan was to attend a university (I really only have one in mind), go for a year and then turn pro. The university I am looking at allows me to go to school for only one year, leave and attempt the pro circuit and if I happen to get injured or just not make it i can go back and fulfill my education for FREE! A lot of people say "well thats a no brainer, take that deal" but, I truly love this sport and I am very dedicated to it. A lot of this will depend on how the rest of the year goes and if i see a GOOD/SMART opportunity to turn pro I will. I would like to turn pro more than anything but I really want to be smart with my life. And of course I'm in no rush to get anywhere. Im just riding the wave and trying to learn from it (if I only had a crystal ball).

I leave for Australia on Saturday and I am very very excited! Im really playing well, definitely on the top of my game so I hope that carries over on to the court for the Australian Open juniors and the pro tournaments after. I have been working so hard to get in the best physical shape possible and I think it will pay off.

Thank you all again for the support, it really does help having people behind you.

Talk to you all from the land down under!!

Cheers,

Allie Kiick

P.S. If you happen to have a facebook, my mom created a fan page for me under "Alexandra Kiick" to help get results to my family and friends. She will be updating it during or after my matches in Australia!

Allie,

Nice of you to stop by and provide an update of your status. It certainly is a tough decision to turn pro. Glad to hear that you're getting into best shape possible.

Good luck with your trip to Melbourne and success at AO
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote