TennisForum.com - View Single Post - AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

View Single Post

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #311
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AO 2013: The Bridesmaid-Bride Double. The Sequel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
I used to hate Wozniacki, but ever since her game went down the shitter I've become a pretty big fan I think people hate her because she kind of represented everything that was wrong with the WTA ranking system for over a year. It wasn't entirely her fault, but for every tournament she won the hate seemed to increase because she still didn't have a slam. Plus her father is such a douche, and people here are way too simple-minded to distinguish a player from someone in their entourage. A lot of people disliked Maria because of Yuri back in the day.

I go back and forth on Radwanska. Her game can be nice to watch but something about her just irritates the piss out of me. She seems to be a nice enough girl though, and it's refreshing to see someone not shout "come on" like 485392951 times per match.

Don't get me started on Azarenka.
I know I'm one of the few here, but to me Aga's game is pure eye-candy. That doesn't make her my favorite player, although she'd probably make my top five, or close. I hope that Aga will one day win the big one (a slam, YEC or Olympic gold), as long as it's not at the expense of my real faves. Aga is my most favorite from my non-favorites, so to speak.

As for Caroline, not only don't I think that it's not only her fault for getting tp number one, I don't think it's her fault at all. The WTA encourages playing lots of tournaments - Caro did that, but so did many players in the top 10. Leaving aside the often injured Serena and Kim plus the still struggling Maria the gap between the number of tournaments that Caro played and most other top 10 players was not as big as was often suggested. The only thing that Woz was guilty of was actually having the nerve to win so many of them. No, she didn't win a big one, but her results before 2012 in the big ones weren't dreadful either.

In retrospect Caro was probably an overachiever in those days. But that's more a reason for praise than criticism. Compare it with the situation in schools. If a moderately intelligent student like Fritz has an A plus as the result of him working his ass of, you wouldn't say, "disgusting" or that Walter who's a genius deserves it more but got a low-ish score because he doesn't give a fuck. Same with Caro, she made perhaps more than anyone in recent history the most of what she has. That's not a crime to me but a reason for a and a pat on the back. It looks more and more likely that Caro will make a lot of people very happy by having a even poorer 2013 than 2012. But at least she'll have those 67 weeks at number one to cherish forever. She'll never get any credit for it, but nevertheless "67 weeks #1" will always be part of her resume. Not bad for a player who has 'no weapons.'

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote