TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournament

View Single Post

Old Jan 10th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #106
country flag Talula

Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute Talula has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Venezuela denies visa for 16.5 Israeli Valeria Patiuk to play junior G1 tournamen

Quote:
Originally Posted by adner View Post
It's not about being with Israel. If you host a WTA/ITF tournament in your country, you should not be allowed to handpick the players able to play it. It's against common sense.
I agree.

Players have no say where they are born and if you want to host an International event you need to take the players regardless of where they're from.

What if the World No 1, 2 and 3 were Israeli?

How can you pick between so called good and bad countries? Who decides? What if the player doesn't agree with their country's politics? t would be a disaster for any sport if countries tried to do that. It's illogical and unfair.

Players I root for now: Heather, Laura, Lucie, Marion, Serena, Simona, Svetlana, Venus, Vika. And Caroline.
Doubles and Mixed Doubles are fun and underrated.
Talula is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote