Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...
Suicide Melbourne (AO) 2013
2012 Final: Chris 84 (SCO) def. Frederik (USA)
2011 Final: Peter Pan (CHN) def. kasia_q (POL)
2010 Final: Law_ (Aus) def. DoctorG (ITA)
1. Each day of play, you must pick 1 winner playing a WTA main draw singles match. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on Maria Sharapova or Serena Williams in the early rounds. Conversely, you don't want to make a pick at all on Shahar Peer. Has-beens are not hot.
3. You must choose one player to win each day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.
4. In the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurrence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identified like this:
BACK-UP PICK – “2011 US Open Champion” Samantha Stosur
If it is not clearly identified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
5. There are no Byes in this Grand Slam event.
6. Your sign up
will be confirmed when you post your picks on the first day
of main draw play, and so please do not post “In” or any other variation to sign in.
7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week.
If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.
8. Once you've post your pick it's final, you CAN'T change them.
So don't edit or delete your post or else you will be DISQUALIFIED!
Ranking Points for Suicide Melbourne (Grand Slam)
DAY 1: 5
DAY 2: 50
DAY 3: 100
DAY 4: 130
DAY 5: 160
DAY 6: 220
DAY 7: 280
DAY 8: 390
DAY 9: 500
DAY 10: 700
DAY 11: 900 (No Pick)
DAY 11: 1100 (Invalid)
DAY 12: 1400 (No Pick)
DAY 12: 1640 (Invalid)
DAY 12: 2000 (Winner)
Time in Melbourne Use this
Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this
Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this
** IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/WTAWORLD IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT email@example.com