TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Scotland striker tweets racist rant

View Single Post

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #33
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Europe rocked by racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
i disagree with chris about racism being a problem at the same level in football as in the wider society. it's not. football crowds definitely don't reflect the general society accurately. and they are infiltrated by very idiotic groups. and they don't target just black people. which is the point some people are missing.
as far as peoples' lives go, then racism is a BIGGER problem in society in general than within football. black players are revered the world over (and have been for decades), pele is held up as arguably the greatest footballer ever, whereas in "society" there are so-called hate crimes, institutional racism within many police forces and judicial systems and so on.

it depends what football match you go to whether the fans reflect society accurately. generally they don't mirror society, but they can still be said to be fairly representative imo.
anyway, what annoyed me was that racism is being argued to be football's problem, rather than society's. take a look at the neo-fascist parties that are voted for in italy. there have been problems with chanting and abuse in the former yugoslavia and in russia. again, look at the types of political parties who get a fair share of the vote there. many nationalists, and many views which are far from being all-inclusive and progressive. all i'm saying is that curing football's problems won't be possible until we cure society's problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
WOW
what is "wow" about a statement like that? take a sample of millions and some of those people will be nazis, some will have been in trouble with the law, some will be morons. it is a fact of life.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote