TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Scotland striker tweets racist rant

View Single Post

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #28
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Europe rocked by racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdaja View Post
Didn't the thread starter also make a threae about europe having more problems with violent crime than the us?

people who are saying thanks for this are obviously silly. the intention of the thread is to show that the us is not as bad as its minorities think. by painting the issues in europe in the same way as those in the us. which is not ok since it's not the same. come to think of it, lol @ people who said thanks for this.

i disagree with chris about racism being a problem at the same level in football as in the wider society. it's not. football crowds definitely don't reflect the general society accurately. and they are infiltrated by very idiotic groups. and they don't target just black people. which is the point some people are missing.

p.s. english people are cheering for real madrid in the place where and as i'm typing this
His intentions don't really matter. If he really did intend to paint Europe in a bad light, I don't think he really got very far with it. If this story leads some Americans to think Europe is more racist than they previously thought...well, that's either good or bad depending on what they previously though! Also, what they think (whether right or wrong) doesn't matter half as much as what is actually going on.

For that reason, I'm still thankful that this thread was made. It was a piece of news I might not have seen otherwise and it's always good to be informed

Although, now that I look at the thread title again, I'm finally noticing how stupid it is

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote