TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Shortest WTA match?

View Single Post

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #38
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Shortest WTA match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
Maybe one where somebody retired early? (Or if 2 sets only are counted, maybe quit @ 0-6, 0-2 or whatever). Or tanked, like in this "dishonorable mention" from 1999:

AMELIA ISLAND - Patty Schnyder must have wished she were somewhere else than Stadium Court at the Bausch & Lomb Championships yesterday, because it certainly looked as if she were.

Schnyder appeared uninterested and aloof during a 40-minute 6-0, 6-2 quarterfinals loss to Anna Kournikova. The sixth-seeded Schnyder listlessly loped around the court, and even appeared to sometimes quit on points.

And the 20-year-old Swiss native confirmed those observations after the match. ''I hate playing her and I don't play if I'm on the court against her,'' Schnyder said. ''It's her person and everything around her. It's not her game....
I cant't believe you would let someone beat you if you were trying to make the argument that they had no game

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote