TennisForum.com - View Single Post - 2013 Australian Open - Stuck in the mud

View Single Post

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #174
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra barbecuing in Melbourne Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Is there any chance that Petra is content to be a top 10-caliber player in the latter portion of those rankings...but would rather not have the increased scrutiny and expectations of a top THREE player??I'm not talking about deliberate tanking to lower her ranking,rather a subconscious resistance(that affects her on-court play) to all the camera flashes and mikes in faces that are inevitable for players who are at or near #1.....We can agree,can't we,that there's a notable difference in the amount of attention received by Errani,Stosur and Bartoli when compared to Vika,Masha and Ree....I'm sure that Petra has noticed
All those things may be true, indeed Bruce. I also don't think that Petra or her team have accepted the dedication and professionalism (if they're even aware of it) required to be a top 3 player as well. It's a lot of work, planning and redundancy.

Either, or; it is what it is (until it changes, right)?

Last edited by Excelscior : Jan 9th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote