TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Which was Serena's easiest road to a Slam title?

View Single Post

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 02:18 AM   #28
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which was Serena's easiest road to a Slam title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
No. It´s Kimberly 2011 Australian Open the easiest of all time

Radwanska QF
Zvonareva SF
Li F
Which dominates the Schnyder QF, Jankovic SF, Safina F lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowking View Post
Don't know why people always think this. Sure now you look back and say oh haha Jankovic and Safina in the SF/F but to be honest they were among the best players on clay at the time. Safina was on the rise and had taken out Henin, Serena, Sharapova, Dementieva x2 during the clay season. Jankovic was near her peak and contending for the #1 ranking...Serena wasn't good on clay that year and Henin was gone.
As you said Safina was on the rise. She was still outside the top 10 at this point and was new to that stage of GS-play. Jankovic was Ivanovic's bitch.

The fact is that at the start of Roland Garros 2008, none of the 7 players Ivanovic beat had ever reached a Grand Slam final, much less won one. Such a line-up has never happened before or since in Open Era Grand Slam history, AFAIK. (except for those rando late 70s RGs and AOs)
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.

Last edited by moby : Jan 9th, 2013 at 02:23 AM.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote