TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Which was Serena's easiest road to a Slam title?

View Single Post

Old Jan 9th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #16
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Which was Serena's easiest road to a Slam title?

Wow, I remember everyone slamming her for the 2010 Wimbledon run, which I have to admit, seems the "weakest" of her slams (when you have 15, not every one will be slaying the dragons, and she's had plenty of hellish draws as well).

2012 US Open, it was 7-5 in the third against the World No. 1 who had beaten her in Miami once, and was holding a slam at the time, I don't call that an easy finalist. Was there anyone who wasn't her "pigeon" the second half of last year?? Doesn't make it a cakewalk draw.